- Diamond and Sapphire Engagement Ring
- 20th century (due to the long-standing popularity of deco styling, it can be difficult to date pieces in this vein)
- 18k white gold; .7 carat marquise-cut center diamond; 20 square- and triangle-cut natural sapphires totaling .80 carats; 30 round-cut diamonds totaling .6 carats. Total diamond weight 1.3 carats. Total gem weight 2.1 carats.
This showstopping art deco-style engagement ring features an elegant .70 carat marquise-cut diamond ringed by fine blue sapphires and a thick halo of glittering diamond accents. Triangle-cut sapphires and still more diamonds accent the shoulder, and intricate carving wraps the band's side. In hard-wearing, lush 18k white gold, this piece is beautifully goldsmithed, with a delicate open gallery, a wonderfully heavyweight band, and richly detailed carving. A strikingly beautiful ring, with an unusual design and dazzling display of fire and color.
Size 6.75 - can be sized
- Carat weight: .7 carats
- Color: I-J
- Clarity: SI
- Combined carat weight: .60 carats
- Color: G-H color
- Clarity: VS
- Combined carat weight: .8 carats
Sapphires have been heat treated to enhance their color
Excellent. No noted flaws other than very mild wear commensurate with age.