- Victorian Turquoise and Diamond Ring
- c. 1860-1880
- 14k rose gold, turquoise, 20 old European-cut diamonds with a total weight of approximately .80 carats
This megawatt Victorian engagement ring features graduated-size turquoise cabochons ringed by .8 carats of glittering, brilliant European-cut diamonds. A beautiful and ornate gallery showcases an almost thorn-like hedge of delicate and artistic prongs.
This perfect shade of true turquoise blue is rare to see, and un-dyed and fully natural stones like these are a true pleasure to find. This ring is truly a special beauty, uniting excellent materials with a gorgeous design.
Size 9.25, can be sized
- Face length: 18.25 mm
- Face width: 10.3 mm
- Turquoise: 5.5 mm tapering to 3.75 mm
- Weight: twenty .04 carat diamonds, for a total weight of .80 carats
- Cut: Old European
- Clarity: Average clarity SI2
- Color: H-I
Excellent ; 4 diamonds have chips visible only under magnification, and one diamond is an old replacement. Recently serviced by our goldsmith with all prongs re-tipped and stones freshly polished. The both far-side cabochons have a flatter profile than the other stones; this is because these stones were age-worn and we had our jewelers remove and buff them.